Below you will find information on Frederic Schools WI state assessments:
- 3rd – 5th grade take the new Wisconsin Forward exam for English, Language Arts and Math – which has replaced the Badger from last year and that replaced the WKCE’s from previous years.
4K – 2nd grade STAR testing.
4th grade take the Wisconsin Forward exam for Science and Social Studies
Elementary tests are done 3 times per school year to see where the students are at, develop/switch groups and goals for students, develop our leveled groups in reading and math. Our main universal screener is STAR reading and math. We also use AIMS testing for a second data point to measure.
6th - 8th grade take the Wisconsin Forward exam for English, Language Arts, and Math.
- 8th grade will take the WI Forward for Science and Social Studies.
- 10th grade takes the Wisconsin Forward exam for Social Studies.
- 9th & 10th grade take the ACT ASPIRE - which is a prep test for the ACT - accesses for college readiness.
- 11th - Advanced Placement Testing in May.
6th – 11th grades use Star Assessments - This data is used to indicate student’s current level of performance in math and reading and is one of the identifiers for intervention. In Middle School and High School this data is taken by all students in the fall and the spring and students receiving intervention take a shorten version to check for progress in the winter.
Advanced Placement Exams are taken in May by students enrolled in AP coursework.
PSAT is optional and offered to 11th (and 10th) grade students in October each year. Results from this test are used to identify National Merit Scholars.
National ACT Tests are offered at Frederic 6-12 School in October and June each year. Students must register at www.act.org to take these exams.
Assessment is a key part of instruction, as it determines whether or not the goals of education are being met. Assessment affects decisions about placement, advancement, instructional needs and curriculum.