WELCOME TO THE FREDERIC SCHOOL DISTRICT!
The official Open Enrollment Application Period for the 2019-20 school year will open on Monday, February 4, 2019 and run through April 30, 2019. For more information look at the Standard Open Enrollment Procedures below.
Did you miss the open enrollment deadline or making some changes? You can complete an alternative open enrollment application. For more information look at the Alternative Open Enrollment Procedures below.
If you are interested in having your child attend the Frederic School District, please contact the district office at (715)327-5630.
The Frederic School District welcomes students who currently reside in another school district to attend our schools! Below you will find information and links to become a Viking!
Standard Open Enrollment Procedure
How do I apply for Open Enrollment for my student?
- On-line Application
- Although on-line application is recommended, paper applications may be obtained from the Department of Public Instruction or any school district after February 4, 2019 for the 2019-20 school year, and must be delivered (hand-delivery is recommended) to the nonresident school district during the application period.
Wisconsin's inter-district public school open enrollment program allows parents to apply for their children to attend school districts other than the one in which they live.
Who may participate in open enrollment?
Students in 5-year-old kindergarten to grade 12 may apply to participate in open enrollment. Open enrollment for prekindergarten, 4-year-old kindergarten and early childhood education is limited. Parents should call their resident school districts to find out if their preschool-aged children qualify for open enrollment.
How and when may parents apply?
The Open Enrollment application period for the 2019-20 school year will open on February 4, 2019 and closes at 4:00 pm on April 30, 2019.
Alternative Open Enrollment Procedure
What is the alternative application procedure?
Parents normally apply for open enrollment for the following school year during a three-month application period which begins in February and ends on the last weekday in April. However, 2011 Act 114 established a procedure by which parents may apply for open enrollment outside of the regular application period. There are seven circumstances under which a parent may submit an alternative application:
- The pupil's resident school district determines that the pupil is a victim of a violent crime.
- The pupil is or has been homeless in the current or preceding school year.
- The pupil has been the victim of repeated bullying or harassment that has been reported to the resident school district and continues in spite of action taken.
- The pupil's place of residence has changed due to the parent's military orders.
- The pupil moved into this state within the past 30 days.
- The pupil's place of residence has changed as a result of a court order or custody agreement, or the pupil was placed in a foster home or with a person other than the pupil's parent, or removed from a foster home or the home of a person other than the pupil's parent.
- The pupil's parent and the nonresident and resident school districts agree that attending the nonresident school district is in the best interests of the pupil.
Part Time Open Enrollment Procedure
Beginning in the 2019-20 school year, a pupil enrolled in a public school in the high school grades may attend public school in a nonresident school district for the purpose of taking a course offered by the nonresident school district. A pupil may attend no more than two courses at any time in nonresident school districts.
Prior to the start of the 2019-20 school year, the Course Options program requirements are still in place. Additional information can be found on the Course Options webpage.
- PI-9412 Part-time Public School Open Enrollment Application Form
- Part-time Open Enrollment Student and Parent Information Brochure
Additional information about the restoration of Part-time Open Enrollment can be found in the Act 59 Open Enrollment Changes List Serve sent on December 14, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 888-245-2732 or email@example.com
Please feel free to contact the District Office at 715-327-5630